Monday, February 10, 2020

CQ WPX RTTY 2020 as OL9A in SO-80M





RTTY is fun :) So WPX was another contest to play this RYRYRY game. We do have EU record as OL7M in MS, Pavel OK1MU EU record in SOAB and my WORLD record on 80m HP and SOAB as OL9A. So which category? We do not have rotary 40m antenna now, so no way for SOAB, low bands are the best choice this year... Lets see if I can increase score of my world record. Conditions on the low bands were great last months and all antennas are ready included 10 beverages. I could use only 8 of tham but still it is nice number.

I had to repair IP switch system for beverages but I demaged one controller a few hours before the contest:( So firts night I had the same beverages for both TRXs. I found mistake on Saturday afternoon and repaired it. It worked somehow... 

I also had problem with N1MM+, I was not able to switch on Online-score. When I turn it on, than log stopped working :( also DXC did not show 80m spots :) So I connected another PC in network and run both on it.

Contest started with lower numbers of QSOs. I did have good signal in NA on RBN but not as many takers as I expected. First night I made 486 QSO - 356 WPX - 2226 points = 792 456 on score.
Second night there were strong signals from NA, sounded like 40 or 20m, but in about 2 UTC someone switched NA off :( Or no takers from NA? Second night total: 965 QSO - 586 WPX - 4368 points = 2 559 648 on my score table.

Total count of NA: 226 x K + 25 x VE compare to 229 x NA in 2017.

I made more NA than last time when the world record were achieved, but missing EU. I also found big problem with EU stations. I had to repeate RST many times in maybe 40% of stations I called... 

Missing 56 x DL, 23 x SP, 15 x OK, 10 x I etc. compare to 2017.

Nice to be called by Alan VK7BO, Graham VK7ZO, Bill ZL3VZ, Francisco TG9ANF, Robert T6A, Preston DU6/N6SS, and others.
And two times spotted by WH7W skimmer :)


RIG:
IC-7800 and IC-7600
8 beverage antennas
4SQ of sloping dipoles and https://remoteqth.com/4-sq-8dir.php
dipol in 20m
N1MM+

Congrats to Mac SP2XF as SN2M for nice score and new SP record.

And BIG thanks to Pavel OK1MU for food service and help befor and after the contest!

Thanks for the nice virtual fight to Mac SP2XF as SN2M and Jan OK1NP as OL4C
Something almost impossible - spots from KH6 skimmer on 80m RTTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment