Thursday, February 16, 2023

TROPO DUCTING at 2m and 70cm

There was nice tropo ducting after some time. I went to OL7M HF contest QTH, where I do have my remote RIG. I had to change MRF9180 transistor in my small (BY) PA. This QTH is around 300 m asl. and antenna is in 15 m but in W to NW there is a wood.

I made first DX on Sunday evening with GM4YXI with only 3 W and 12 el G0KSC at 1494 km.


OY9JD is my Tropo 2m ODX and nice surprise. He went in and out for 5 hours at distance 1961 km. With around 50 W and 12 el Yagi

70 cm remote from cottage (JN89cj):

I went to cottage on Monday evening with some things because we moved there two days later. I wanted to install simply 2 m remote there with my Adalm Pluto SDR with front ends and 7 el Yagi. But I forgot right coax cable :( But I had 70 cm 12 el DG7YBN. The front end is able to run around 4 W RF out. So I installed antenna just a meter above the ground into one small hole between other cottages. Direction around 320 deg. When I connected the antenna, there were no signal, no noise increase. Front end has got very low gain - I count with a pream in the future. Anyway I was able to made many OZ stations and even SM0DJW at 1017 km with less than 4 W and 12 el @ 1m.


Adalm Pluto SDR with the Front Ends: 4m, 2m, 70 cm


LoRa APRS 70 cm tropo:

Also LoRa 433 MHz had got some good DXes. Compare to my remote QTH in JO80CF, the conditions in 1100 m asl. were one day later compare to 300 m asl. You can see nice DX with very small power in mW but with very great LoRa modulation. OK2ZAW-13 is my tracker in car with mobile antenna. OK2ZAW-17 is solar powered DiGi.

LoRa tracker in my car
Stations heard by OK2ZAW-17 in 1100m asl.
OK2ZAW-17 copied by anothers. PWR 10 dBm + 4x dipoles

No comments:

Post a Comment